Right at Home a leading award-winning home care provider is seeking to appoint an assistant manager.
The role will involve developing your geographical area while also assisting the Business Unit Manager with the day-to-day responsibilities, overseeing employees, and providing stable leadership to the company.
The candidate will be a strong people manager and target driven. Growing services in your area and ensuring the provision of the highest quality of care to our clients through a well supervised and supported team of carers and office personnel.
Excellent training and career progression opportunities.
Assistant Manager Duties and Responsibilities
While there are many duties and responsibilities for an Assistant Manager, some include:
- Full accountability for the business within geographical area
- Growth of services in your area
- Ensure quality systems are adhered to
- Schedule and coordinate meetings.
- Conduct employee performance reviews.
- Develop strategies for better workplace efficiency and goal achievement.
- Liaise between managers, clients, and employees.
- Monitor spending patterns and budget.
- Fill in for Business Manager in times of absence. Make executive decisions, hold meetings, and provide accountability.
- Handling customer complaints and resolving issues that employees are not authorised to handle on their own
- Dealing with schedule changes, employee call-ins, and other staffing issues
- Filling in for absent employees as needed to ensure smooth operation of the business
- Acting as a role model for all employees by continuously exhibiting a high level of service and attention to detail in all tasks
- Delegating tasks to employees
- Keeping day-to-day activities organised
- Recruiting and interviewing new hires
- Leading training classes or providing one-on-one training to employees
- Supervising employees and providing additional training and coaching as needed to ensure everyone is performing their job properly
- Resolving disputes between employees
- Addressing employee problems on the job to ensure everyone is thriving in the workplace and satisfied with their job and work environment
- Motivating employees to perform well
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Training employees in proper safety procedures and providing training updates as needed
- Managing projects as assigned and organising teams to assist in these efforts
- Other such duties may be assigned from time to time.
Assistant Manager Skills and Qualifications:
Management Skills; Leadership; Motivational Skills; Strong Communication Skills; Multitasking; Customer Service; Problem Solving Skills; Creativity; Ability to Work Well Under Pressure; Performance Management; Ability to Foster Teamwork; Organisation; Ability to Educate Others; Basic Computer Skills; Attention to Detail